05 Mar Riverbrook & Covid 19 Coronavirus
Dear Visitors, Guests and Family Members.
- Covid 19 Coronavirus is a new respiratory illness that has not been seen previously in humans.
- There are currently 14 confirmed cases in the Republic Of Ireland, 4 of these cases are in County Clare.
- Our Nursing Home is only separated from Clare by the Shannon which runs at the bottom of the garden.
- 4 Confirmed Cases are being treated by OUR LOCAL HSE
Symptoms Of Coronavirus
Coronavirus may take up to 14 days to manifest symptoms, these symptoms may include:
- a cough
- shortness of breath
- general breathing difficulties
- fever ( high temperature)
Reducing Risk Of Infection
- Wash Hands regularly with soap.
- After sneezing and coughing
- After using the toilet
- After using door handles used by other members of the public
- Before eating
- (For hand washing to be effective, it needs to be done for no less than 20 seconds)
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth with unwashed hands
- Avoid contact with people who are sick or that may have some of the symptoms as listed above.
Preventative Measures Being Taken By Riverbrook
All our committed staff are very aware of day to day infection control practices, they will continue to wash hands regularly and sanitise with 60% alcohol content hand sanitiser as usual.
- We have STOP & SANITIZE signs erected at the entrance to Riverbrook
- We have increased hand sanitizing points within Riverbrook
- We are carrying out hand washing and hand sanitizing demonstrations with visitors as required
- We are issuing information to Residents and their families regarding Coronavirus
- We are liaising with University Hospital Limerick regarding residents that attend Dialysis Department to ensure contamination risk is reduced as much as possible
- We are running refresher courses for staff regarding hand hygiene management
- We will continue to review the ever evolving situation and respond appropriately