06 Mar Visiting Restrictions Announced For Riverbrook
6th March 2020:
For the protection of our Nursing Home residents, Nursing Homes Ireland has confirmed that visiting restrictions are now in place in nursing homes nationwide. No non-essential visiting, children or groups will be allowed.
All visitors are asked to contact prior to attending. Visitors should only seek to attend in urgent circumstances and the management reserve the right to impose full restrictions where necessary.
We urge prospective visitors to nursing homes to be cognisant and understanding of the measure that is required in the interest of resident and staff safety. Older people and people in nursing homes with pre-existing medical conditions are particularly vulnerable if they contact the virus.
The virus presents an unprecedented situation for our nursing homes and the care provided within them. Nursing homes are imposing the visitor restrictions in the best interests of residents and staff. We thank people for their understanding and patience during this period of unprecedent challenges presented by Covid19.
Nursing Homes Ireland is monitoring the evolving situation on an ongoing basis and is in continuous contact with the Department of Health, National Public Health Emergency Team (NPHET), HSE and all relevant health authorities.
What Does This Mean For Residents and Families ??
- With effect from mid-afternoon today all non essential visiting is cancelled until further notice
- Only 1 family member will be granted visiting access per resident per day, except in exceptional circumstances
- Visitors will only be facilitated by prior arrangment with the Nurse In Charge by phoning 061 377530, the main Nursing Home phone number
- Families should consider ‘relay’ type visits of different members visiting on alternate days. i.e.) someone different every couple of days in the case of large families
- You may of course ring at any time as normal enquiring about a loved one, this has always been the case, it remains unchanged
- Should families wish to communicate via FACETIME, Skype, etc our staff will assist with this. Additional WIFI repeaters were installed last week to facilitate greater use of iPads, Tablets etc.
Contact Updates From Riverbrook Management
- Shortly after 7pm this evening an SMS Text Message was sent to all nominee family members giving an outline of arrangements and advising that further texts, website updates and Facebook updates will be sent as the situation evolves.
Any Queries ?
Any questions you may have may be directed to the Nurse In Charge on 061 377530 or to Donogh Mc Carthy Registered Provider / Director on 086 6067051
We will be more than happy to deal with your concerns.